What is Meditation ?
Meditation is a practice performed by a person that trains the mind and induces an altered state of consciousness. You are wide awake but your thoughts travel somewhere else to your subconscious.
There are many practical meditation techniques that specifically focus on specific areas, such as: the promotion of relaxation, the development of self-confidence, the reduction of stress or the promotion of well-being,and physical well-being.
Meditation trains the mind,like you train your body to keep it healthy and fit.Meditation does exactly that in your mind. By practicing self-awareness, you improve and keep your mental well-being fit and healthy.
7- ways to improve your life with meditation :
Here are eight ways meditation can make your life more meaningful and happier:
1- Sleep better and wake up earlier:
Regular meditation practice helps us fall asleep earlier and improves our sleep quality. When you wake up earlier and more rested, it becomes easier to start your day with meditation.
2-Find Greater Clarity and Focus:
Meditation is the antidote to a wandering mind. As our focus and clarity improves with practice, we find it easier to complete tasks and make decisions, simplifying our daily lives and creating space for meditation.
Related:How To Stay Focused ?
3- Transform old habits and useless patterns:
Meditation helps us change habitual and reactive behavior and choose conscious and intentional action instead. Once we experience this work in our lives, prioritizing mental health becomes a new habit.
4-Live with Kindness:
No one deserves your kindness and compassion more than yourself. Every time you see or feel suffering, every time you make a mistake or say something stupid and you’re about to put yourself down, every Whenever you think of someone you are going through a difficult time, whenever you face the confusion and difficulty of being human, whenever you see someone struggling, upset or irritated, you can stop and bring loving kindness and compassion.
5 -Awaken Forgiveness:
Forgiveness is the greatest present you can give yourself and others. As you sit in meditation and watch your thoughts and feelings move through you, you may notice that you are not who you were a moment ago, let alone a day, a week, or a month ago. Who you or anyone else was when the pain occurred is not who you are now. As you experience your essential connectedness, you see how ignorance of it breeds separation and suffering .
6- Lighten the load:
In a state of stress, it is easy to lose touch with inner peace, compassion and kindness; In a relaxed state, your mind is clear and you can connect with a deeper sense of purpose and selflessness. Therefore, a moment of quiet rest is the most effective remedy for a busy and overworked mind. Every time you feel stress, your heart shuts down, your mind becomes overwhelmed, simply focus on your breath and repeat silently on each inhale and exhale: Breathing in, I calm the body and mind; breathing out, I smile.
7 -Letting go of fear and unhelpful emotions:
Disrupting thought patterns that create a variety of uncomfortable feelings is a skill mindfulness meditation teaches. Instead of numbing feelings with food, alcohol, drugs, or a variety of avoidance strategies, learn how to change your relationship with emotional pain. Knowing how to be conscious allows you to experience emotions as ephemeral. The anger goes away.The sadness goes away. love goes up and down. These changes occur naturally. Knowing that this ephemeral nature exists helps release attachment to a way of being that seems to define you.
Benefits of Meditation :
- Meditation can improve your concentration and clear your mind.
- When you let go of fear and anger when you are happy and better,instantly improve and enhance your relationships with others.
- It helps you look young by getting rid of all the stress that can add wrinkles to your face and make you sick. You will feel energized and rejuvenated, lightening your burden and reducing feelings of sadness and despair.
- When you have faced your demons and unnecessary thoughts, your mind will be free to focus on more important and pressing issues in your life.
- When you let go of fear and anger when you are happy and better,instantly improves your relationships with others.
- You develop tolerance. When you’re less tense, less stressed, and happier, you’ll become calmer in dealing with tense situations.
- You awaken higher levels of your creativity and potential. By removing the negative toxins in your mind, you have more freedom to explore things that will bring you further development and improvement.
- Meditation gives you more energy. Your focused breathing and relaxation will improve your blood circulation and give you more energy to be productive and do enjoyable things in life.
- Meditation reduces general stress. It can lighten the burden of a busy day and improve your fitness,and emotional stress through relaxation.
- Meditation will help you change your attitude towards life and it will bring you peace of mind and happiness.It helps you to better understand yourself and others.
- Meditation will develop your intuition, make you more alert, increase your willpower and make you less aggressive.
- Meditation will positively affect all of your relationships, with yourself and with others.